Jeevan Tarun is a non-market linked participating insurance plan that offers you the dual advantage of saving and life cover. It’s a limited premium payment plan and has 4 repayment options to choose from including money back and lump sum maturity value. The policyholder will have to opt for the option at time of commencement of the policy.
|Option||Survival Benefit||Maturity Benefit|
|Option 1||No survival benefit||100% of Sum Assured + Vested Bonuses|
|Option 2||5% of Sum Assured every year for 5 years||75% of Sum Assured + Vested Bonuses|
|Option 3||10% of Sum Assured every year for 5 years||50% of Sum Assured + Vested Bonuses|
|Option 4||15% of Sum Assured every year for 5 years||25% of Sum Assured + Vested Bonuses|
All in all, Jeevan Tarun is a perfect plan to meet child’s higher education expenses.
LIC’s Jeevan Tarun – Key Features
- Survival Benefit: Depending upon the option one chooses from the 4 available choices, one can start receiving money back. Survival benefits are payable once the child turns 20. They are paid till age 24.
- Maturity Benefit: The policy matures once the child turns 25. Depending upon the option picked, the maturity benefit is paid to the policy holder. The maturity benefit includes vested Simple Reversionary Bonuses and Final Additional Bonus accrued during the policy term.
- Death Benefit: In case the policy holder dies during the policy term, a ‘Sum Assured on Death’ along with vested Simple Reversionary Bonuses and Final Additional Bonus, if any accrued on the policy, is paid.
The Sum Assured on Death is calculated as under:
- 10 times of annualized premium paid till date of death.
- 125% of Sum Assured
It is important to note that the Death Benefit shall not be less than 105% of the total premiums paid as on date of death.
- Rider Option: One may avail the LIC’s Premium Waiver Benefit Rider option at an additional premium. In case of death of the proposer during policy term, the remaining premiums are waived off.
Policy at a Glance
Sum Assured: 75000 to no limit
- Proposer: Parent or Grandparent
- Age Eligibility: Child’s age from 90 days to 12 years
- Maturity Age: Child’s age 25 years
- Policy Term: 25 years – Child’s age at entry
- Premium Paying Term:8 Years to 20 Years
- Premium Paying Mode: Monthly, Quarterly, Half- Yearly, Yearly
- Surrender Value:The policy acquires a surrender value if at least three premiums are paid.
- Loan:Loan can be availed against the policy in case at least three premiums are paid.
The chart below shows the annualized premium for a Sum Assured of Rs. 10,00,000. The premium paid varies according to the age of the child.
Sum Assured: Rs. 10,00,000
Age of child: 1 Year
Policy Term: 24 Years
Premium Paying Term: 19 Years
Option Selected: 3
1st Year Premium
- Premium amount is inclusive of tax
- Premium Rates get dearer under Monthly, Quarterly and Half- Yearly modes
- 5,00,000 (1,00,000 each in at age 20-24 years)
- Bonus: 11,52,000
- FAB: 3,50,000
- 50% of SA: 5,00,000
Total Maturity Benefit:
Total Policy Returns:
Being able to provide for your kid’s education and good life can confer the happiest feeling. LIC’s Jeevan Tarun is one such kid’s insurance policy that helps you plan for the same effectively. Get in touch with us at InsuranceBima.com to buy LIC’s Jeevan Tarun plan or to seek further custom plan for your child. Call 91+9230091000 today!
We are authorized agency for LIC of India and provide life insurance plans/policies to individuals, HNIs/NRIs and corporates in New Delhi, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Mohali, Zirakpur, Kharar. Shortly, we will be opening offices in Ludhiana and Patiala in Punjab too.