Our vehicles are our assets. Be it cars, two-wheelers or trucks, they help us commute from place to place and therefore add to our productivity. Over the years, the rising population has heightened the use of vehicles. As a result, the number of vehicles getting a run on the road too has soared exponentially.
Given the high number of vehicles on the road, poor road conditions and incidents of unethical driving by counterparts; the odds of damaging your vehicles are really high. Motor vehicle insurance thus becomes a necessity. By ensuring financial protection it confers peace of mind.
In India, motor insurance is mandatory to ply a vehicle on road. Therefore, taking an insurance cover from the right provider safeguards you in numerous ways. These include:
- Damage to vehicle
- Loss or theft of the vehicle
- Liability to third parties
- Personal Accident Cover
How is the Premium Fixed?
The premium for motor vehicle insurance is paid annually. It is highest for new vehicles and keeps on reducing as the value of the vehicle depreciates.
The factors considered for premium fixation include:
- IDV: Insured Declared Value is the current market value of the vehicle. It is the maximum amount the insurer promises to pay in case of loss or theft of the vehicle. It is calculated by deducting the depreciation from the manufacturer’s listed selling price.
- Claim History: Drivers who enjoy a clean claim history enjoy ‘No Claim Bonus’ and therefore enjoy the maximum discounts in premiums.
- Age: As the age of the driver increases the tendency to drive rashly reduces. This maturity translates to premium discounts.
- Profession: Few professions like doctors, chartered accountants, government employees, etc are more likely to enjoy discounts in premiums than others.
Motor insurance can be best picked by comparing the quotes of various insurance companies. At InsuranceBima.com we have made a modest attempt to bring together the best prices and help our customers avail the best services at the lowest premium payouts. So whether you are looking for comprehensive motor vehicle insurance or third party cover, call 91+9230091000 for lowest premium and best and fastest claim settlements.